There is nothing more precious than your children. In today’s society, more and more families have to have both parents working to make ends meet. This means that the children of the household require childcare services. If you do not have a close friend or family member to help you out with this duty, you will need to seek services from someone you do not know very well, such as a daycare center or a private nanny. How do you know that these people are good people who care about children?
You do not.
This is why you need to hire a private investigator like Dr. John Keefe. When inviting people into your home to care for your babies, they need to be trustworthy with a clean background. This also holds true when sending your children to a daycare center or someone else’s home. I cannot stress enough how important a thorough background check on a potential babysitter is, especially when you have infants and toddlers as these children cannot talk and tell you what is happening during the day while you are gone.
Here are some provider must-haves:
- Must have at least ten years’ experience and be knowledgeable regarding child development;
- Be gentle, respectful and responsive to the child and the parent;
- Have the ability to recognize all needs of the children as a group and as individuals;
- Know that discipline is important but under no circumstances should the children be touched violently or verbally abused;
- Respect the family’s child-rearing philosophy but also be ready to relate to the parents any problems the youngster is having;
- Understand that self-esteem is the most important thing the child can learn;
- Keep all family information confidential;
- Alert the parents to a child’s unresponsive or disobedient behavior.
The key is to start looking for a childcare provider early. You want to give your private investigator enough time to perform a thorough check on your potential before it is time to allow them to care for your little ones.
You should always interview multiple potentials. Don’t just settle on the first person who gives you an impressive story about their experience and love for children. Many times, people will lie about these things simply because they need a job. You want someone who cares about the well-being of your child or children.
Always go with your gut instincts. You and your private investigator should BOTH feel confident about a potential babysitter before you hire them. John Patrick Keefe II is not only a private investigator but also a father to many World’s Best Daughters and Sons. He knows what to look for regarding people being genuine.
Utilizing a private investigator will cost you some cash, no doubt. However, the safety and health of your children are priceless. Having a Pi help you find an upstanding babysitter will be well worth the money in the long run.